synchronization finance (NYSE: SYF) recently received a number of price target changes and rating updates:
- 4/19/2022 – Synchrony Financial’s target price has been raised from $49.00 to $52.00 by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have an Outperform rating on the stock.
- 4/19/2022 – Synchrony Financial’s price target has been lowered to $47.00 from $54.00 by analysts at Stephens. You now have an “equilibrium” rating on the stock.
- 04/19/2022 – Synchrony Financial’s target price has been raised from $40.00 to $45.00 by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. You now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 04/06/2022 – Synchrony Financial’s target price has been lowered from $52.00 to $45.00 by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have an “Overweight” rating on the stock.
- 4/6/2022 – Synchrony Financial has been upgraded from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating by analysts at Piper Sandler. They now have a price target of $49.00 on the stock, down from $48.00.
- 4/4/2022 – Synchrony Financial’s target price has been lowered from $45.00 to $40.00 by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. You now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 03/31/2022 – Synchrony Financial is now covered by analysts at StockNews.com. You give the stock a “hold” rating.
- 03/28/2022 – Synchrony Financial has been downgraded from an “overweight” rating to an “equal” rating by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a price target of $40.00 on the stock, down from $56.00.
- 03/17/2022 – Synchrony Financial has been downgraded from an “Outperform” rating to a “Market Perform” rating by analysts at Wolfe Research.
- 03/17/2022 – Synchrony Financial’s target price has been lowered from $52.00 to $45.00 by analysts at Bank of America Co.
NYSE:SYF rose $0.31 to $38.29 as of Monday midday. The company’s shares had a trading volume of 5,566,904 shares compared to an average volume of 6,976,136. Synchrony Financial has a 1 year low of $33.76 and a 1 year high of $52.49. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $38.10 and a 200-day moving average of $43.96. The company has a market cap of $19.38 billion, a PE ratio of 5.20, a price-to-earnings-to-growth ratio of 0.30 and a beta of 1.60. The company has a quick ratio of 1.19, a current ratio of 1.24 and a debt to equity ratio of 1.05.
synchronization finances (NYSE:SYF – received rating) last released its quarterly earnings data on Monday, April 18. The financial services firm reported earnings per share of $1.77 for the quarter, beating Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.54 by $0.23. Synchrony Financial had a net margin of 26.26% and a return on equity of 29.99%. In the same period last year, the company generated earnings per share of $1.73. On average, analysts expect Synchrony Financial to report earnings per share of 5.74 for the current year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, May 12th. Investors of record on Monday, May 2 will receive a dividend of $0.22. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday April 29th. That equates to an annualized dividend of $0.88 and a yield of 2.30%. Synchrony Financial’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 11.94%.
In other news, insiders David P Melito sold 9,351 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that took place on Thursday, January 27th. The shares sold at an average price of $46.05 for a total transaction of $430,613.55. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this hyperlink. 0.45% of the shares are currently owned by company insiders.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares in SYF. CVA Family Office LLC acquired a new interest in Synchrony Financial valued at approximately $30,000 during the fourth quarter. Blue Bell Private Wealth Management LLC acquired a new interest in Synchrony Financial valued at approximately $30,000 during the fourth quarter. Quent Capital LLC acquired a new position in Synchrony Financial valued at approximately $31,000 during the fourth quarter. Spire Wealth Management increased its position in Synchrony Financial by 1,219.7% in the fourth quarter. Spire Wealth Management now owns 871 shares of the $40,000 financial services firm after purchasing an additional 805 shares last quarter. Finally, Evolution Wealth Advisors LLC increased its position in Synchrony Financial by 143.1% during the third quarter. Evolution Wealth Advisors LLC now owns 919 shares of the financial services provider, valued at $45,000, after purchasing an additional 541 shares last quarter. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 93.86% of the company’s shares.
Synchrony Financial, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a consumer financial services company in the United States. It offers lending products such as credit cards, commercial lending products and consumer installment loans. The Company also offers private label credit cards, dual card, co-branded and general purpose credit cards, short and long-term installment loans, and consumer banking products; and deposit products, including certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, money market accounts, and savings accounts for both retail and commercial customers, and accepts deposits through third-party securities brokerage firms.
Receive news and reviews for Synchrony Financial Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Synchrony Financial and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.