My academic and professional background is that of a river with a persistent flow. Such a flow of a river can pass through the hardest rocks. My hope too, that my perseverance will remove the obstacles and help me get one of those great 3B schools.
I was admitted to the BITS Pilani Dual Degree. I was too involved in other subjects (robo club, head climat club, model G20, poetry, music etc.) and I played really horribly (CGPA 7/10). However, I did an internship at GS.
I worked in a local NGO for a year and a half and in my failed business for a year. I then joined GS as an IB front office analyst.
I signed up for another Bachelor of Commerce degree and got a GPA of 3.9 and got CFA levels 1 and 2.
Undergraduate school: Narsee Monjee Institute for Management Studies
Undergraduate major: Business Administration
Age: 28, Ethnicity: Asian or Indian
Other diploma / certification: BE (Hons.) In Electrical and Electronic Engineering with M.Sc. (Hons.) In Biological Sciences
Name of the school: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (Campus Hyderabad)
Extracurricular: A YouTuber, with 100,000 subscribers and nearly a million views, who introduces people to history / politics / economics / life with self-written vernacular literature. I’m a coin enthusiast, not bitcoin, just a good ol ‘love for metallic and terracotta coins. I even have a review article on the topic on arXiv (which has yet to be peer reviewed). I love music and have a Trinity Foundation level music certificate in drum kit and percussion.
Title: Goldman Sachs
Industry: Bank and finance
Company: Best company
Duration of employment: 3 years
Title: Local NGO
Industry: Non-profit / B-Corp
Duration of employment: 1 year, 6 months
Big life wins:
1. Re-register for a part-time baccalaureate at the age of 25 and complete it at the age of 28 with a cumulative GPA of 3.9.
2. Enter Goldman Sachs IB’s coveted Front Office Analyst program after a year and a half at a local NGO and a year of failure.
3 Earn my Trinity Music Certificate.
4. Reach 100,000 subscribers on YouTube.
1. Continue my work in investment banking. Better geography (WHEM), better deals.
2. Help develop companies that promote sustainable development intensively, either through my role in the IB sector or by entering Private Equity.
3. Building a state-of-the-art non-profit business that puts sustainability at the forefront, transforming the lives of those affected by climate change, because I have been affected by it too.